1. K-State home
  2. »Rapid Response Center
  3. »Food Preservation
  4. »Entrepreneurs

Rapid Response Center


Are you wanting to sell your preserved foods? This takes planning and there are rules and regulations that must be followed to do this safely and legally.

Starting Your Business

Food Regulations

Farmers Markets

Farmers MarketCurrent Kansas regulations state that ONLY home-canned jams and jellies, naturally high acid foods, and "formulated acid" foods can be sold at farmers markets WITHOUT a license. Foods NOT allowed, WITHOUT proper licensing, include home canned pickles, meats, vegetables and sauerkraut. See below for more information:

Kansas Value Added Foods Lab

Let us help you get your food business off to the right start!

The Kansas Value Added Foods Lab can help you develop your food product safely and under current regulations.

Contact us at 785-532-1294 or kvafl@ksu.edu.

From the Land of Kansas

From the Land of Kansas